The Summary Scheduler facility in Helpdesk Management gives users an alternative way to schedule or reschedule calls; by presenting a summary view of all resources for the chosen month. This enables calls to be scheduled in bulk, rather than from the individual calls themselves.
The Summary Scheduler provides users with an overall view of the scheduling calls over any four week period; and provides flexible filtering for accurate planning. For example, users may wish to view only engineers that work out-of-hours, or calls allocated to a specific department.
Users can easily view all calls planned for any resource and date, by simply highlighting the resource and date in question: with added drill down capabilities to individual calendar views, for more precision planning.
Calls can progress through various optional stages:
- Raised: any person can raise calls
- Allocated: the call is routed to a controller for validation, planning and action. After it has been allocated, a call can be scheduled for an engineer
- Planned: the call is loaded onto the scheduling board and an engineer is assigned to it
- Travel: the engineer is on the way
- Working: the engineer is working on site
- Completed: work is done and the call is closed