This notice explains what personal information we hold about you, how we collect it, and how we use and may share information about you during the recruitment process. We are required to notify you of this information under data protection legislation.
Who collects the information:
Technology Means Business Ltd, A1 Endeavour Business Park, Penner Road, Havant, PO9 1QN is a
“data controller” and gathers and uses certain information about you.
Data protection principles:
We will comply with the data protection principles when gathering and using personal information, as set out in our data protection policy (employment).
The information we collect and hold:
We may collect the following information up to and including the shortlisting stage of the recruitment process:
• Your name and contact details (address, home and mobile phone numbers, email address)
• Details of your qualifications, experience, employment history (including job titles, salary and working hours) and interests
• Your racial or ethnic origin, sex and sexual orientation, religious or similar beliefs
• Information regarding your criminal record
• Details of your referees.
We may collect the following information after the shortlisting stage, and before making a final decision to recruit:
• Information about your previous academic and/or employment history, including details of any conduct, grievance or performance issues, appraisals, time and attendance, from references obtained about you from previous employers and/or education providers
• Information regarding your academic and professional qualifications
• Information regarding your criminal record, in criminal records certificates and enhanced criminal records certificates
• Your nationality and immigration status and information from related documents, such as your passport or other identification and immigration information;
• A copy of your driving licence.
Some of the categories listed may not apply to you.
We will typically collect and use this information for the following purposes:
• to take steps to enter into a contract
• for compliance with a legal obligation (for example, our obligation to check that you are eligible to work in the United Kingdom)
• for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest; and
• for the purposes of our legitimate interests, but only if these are not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms.
We seek to ensure that our information collection and processing is always proportionate. We will notify you of any material changes to information we collect or to the purposes for which we collect and process it.
How we collect the information:
We may collect this information from you, your referees (details of whom you will have provided), your education provider, the relevant professional body, the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and the Home Office.
How we may share the information:
We may also need to share some of the above categories of personal information with other parties, such as HR consultants and professional advisers. Usually, information will be made anonymous, but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations. We may also be required to share some personal information as required to comply with the law.
Where information may be held:
Information may be held at our offices [and those of our group companies], and third-party agencies, service providers, representatives and agents as described above.
How long we keep your information:
We keep your information during and after the recruitment process for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is processed. How long we keep your information will depend on whether your application is successful and you become employed by us, the nature of the information concerned and the purposes for which it is processed.
Your rights to correct and access your information and to ask for it to be erased:
Please contact the person responsible for Data Protection Richard Shuker if (in accordance with applicable law) you would like to correct or request access to information that we hold relating to you or if you have any questions about this notice. You also have the right to ask the person responsible for Data Protection Richard Shuker for some but not all of the information we hold and process to be erased (known as the “right to be forgotten”) in certain circumstances. the person responsible for Data Protection Richard Shuker will provide you with further information about the right to be forgotten, if you ask for it.
Keeping your personal information secure:
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain:
We hope that the person responsible for Data Protection Richard Shuker can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. If not, contact the Information Commissioner at ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113 for further information about your rights and how to make a formal complaint.